2 November 2021
From Thursday 4 November, the Enclosed Gardens are open 10am to 4pm daily (last entry at 3.30pm). Slightly reducing our usual open hours will allow Hamilton Gardens staff to work safely in public areas during Alert Level 3.
Your safety is our top priority. To ensure that visitors can keep 2 metres distance from other household bubbles, numbers will be limited in the Enclosed Gardens when required. The busiest times are generally weekends around 1pm.
If we have to shut the Enclosed Gardens due to overcrowding, this will be posted on our Facebook page and Instagram account.
Keep in mind there are parts of the Enclosed Gardens where space is restricted - if it's looking crowded then head to another garden area and come back a little later. It's mandatory to wear a face covering when you cannot maintain 2 metres physical distance from others.
Alert Level 3 Step 2 at Hamilton Gardens
- The Enclosed Gardens (themed gardens) are open from 10am - 4pm (last entry at 3.30pm)
- Due to narrow entranceways and paths with restricted sightlines, the following gardens remain closed to the public:
- Our playground is open
- Public toilets are open and being cleaned four times a day
- The gates at the road entrances are open (closed from 9pm to 6am)
- Hamilton Gardens Café will be open from 10am – 3pm daily for takeaway coffee, cold drinks, and ice creams
- The Hamilton Gardens Pavilion and the toilets located inside the Pavilion are closed
- Our Information Centre and Gift Shop is open 10am to 4pm daily