Wednesday 8 September 2021
Hamilton Gardens is open to the public and operating under the Government guidelines for Alert Level 2.
The Enclosed Gardens are open from 10am to 5pm, last entry at 4.30pm. Slightly reducing our open hours allows Hamilton Gardens staff to work safely in public areas during Alert Level 2.
Some areas or themed gardens may be temporarily closed. This is to ensure we can keep visitors safe and also because our team is working hard to catch up on garden maintenance that has been delayed due to lockdown.
The following gardens are closed to the public during Alert Level 2:
- Visitors are asked to keep 2 metres physical distance from others, as specified by the Government guidelines for Alert Level 2.
- It is mandatory to wear a mask when you cannot maintain 2 metres physical distance from others.
- You'll need to be particularly considerate in areas where space is restricted - if an entranceway or path is looking crowded then you might want to head somewhere else and come back a little later.
- The playground is open but we ask that parents and caregivers are mindful that their children maintain physical distancing from others while playing.
- Face coverings are a Government requirement. It is mandatory for staff and visitors to wear a face covering when inside public facilities.
- Visitors must wear a face covering if they wish to enter Hamilton Gardens' facilities, such as the Information Centre or the public toilets. This is to keep you, your whaanau, and the community safe.
- Face coverings are not mandatory in open, outside spaces at Alert Level 2.
- Keep in mind that there are some areas of Hamilton Gardens where entranceways or paths are narrow, and that you may have to queue for entry. It is mandatory to wear a face covering when you cannot maintain 2 metres physical distance from others.
Reduced hours at Level 2
- The Enclosed Gardens are open from 10am to 5pm, last entry at 4.30pm.
- This ensures Hamilton Gardens staff can work in public areas without coming into close contact with visitors.
- Our public toilets and water fountains are open and are being cleaned even more regularly than usual.
- The Information Centre and Gift Shop is open 10am to 5pm and only accepting electronic transactions (no cash). Guided tours are not available during Level 2.
- The Hamilton Gardens Café open is open daily from 9.30am to 4pm. Tables have been spaced further apart for customers dining in the café and a single-server process is in place for visitor safety. Takeaway food is also available. Please contact the Cafe staff directly for details: 07 856 6581
Limiting visitor numbers in the Enclosed Gardens
- To make sure we can keep visitors at a safe distance as they move through the Enclosed Gardens, numbers will be limited when required.
- If the Enclosed Gardens are at full capacity, new visitors will have to wait outside in the Fern Court area until people leave and the numbers decrease.
- Please check in by scanning the Hamilton Gardens QR code using the Government’s NZ COVID Tracer App. We've got these displayed on posters around the park.
- A paper register is available in the Information Centre for people who would prefer to sign in non-electronically.
- It is required by the Government that you keep a record of where you have been (at all Alert Levels) so contact tracing can happen quickly in the event of a Covid-19 outbreak.